Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ham and Egg Cups

Clara here.
I am 33 years old and this is my first time posting to a blog!  Happy to give it a go.  I very much enjoy cooking paleo meals.  My paleo journey started two years ago when I discovered a sensitivity to gluten and dairy.  It has evolved from a vegetarian into a mostly paleo way of life.  I believe in REAL FOOD.
I'll start with a simple and delicious breakfast recipe.  There are a lot of versions of this floating around.  Here is mine:



Ham and Egg Cups
makes 12

12 slices of deli ham (preferably high quality, nitrite/nitrate free)
9 eggs (preferably cage free, omega-enriched)
a handful of spinach, chopped
3 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
olive or coconut oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a muffin tin with olive oil or coconut oil.  Place a piece of ham in each cup.  Whisk eggs in large bowl and add spinach and sundried tomatoes.  Evenly disperse the egg mixture into the 10 ham cups.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.  Top with chopped basil and enjoy!
We also had smoothies.  Just blended berries.  Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment